Even after trying a lot to remember, it is seen that many of us forget our Facebook passwords. However, there is no reason to worry if you forget Facebook’s password. Because, if you forget the password, there is a way to recover or reset the password. You can find out in this post:
- What to do if you forget Facebook’s password
- How to change Facebook’s password is the rule to change
- Rules for viewing Facebook passwords
- Ways to Ensure Facebook Account Security (Bonus)
How to change Facebook passwords
If you know the current password of your Facebook account, then you can easily change the password. To change the password of the Facebook account:
- Enter facebook.com or Facebook app.
- Select Settings & Privacy> Settings from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the computer. From the mobile app, click on the hamburger (3 parallel lines) icon, scroll down and select Settings from the Settings and Privacy menu.
- Then click on Security & Login.
- Then click on Change Password in the Login section.
- Then enter the current password of your Facebook account in the Current text box and the new password in the following two boxes and press Save Changes.
- Also here Forgot Your Password? You can recover the forgotten password by clicking on the text described below.
- Properly following the procedure will change the password of your Facebook account successfully.
What to do if you forget your Facebook password
If you have already added an email or phone number to your Facebook account, you can easily recover your Facebook password. To recover the password if you forget the password of the Facebook account:
- Log in to facebook.com,
- Forgotten Password below the sign-in field? Click on the link
Then enter any one of your account names / associated phone numbers/email addresses.
If you enter the name of the Facebook account, you will be shown the Facebook IDs with the same or close name, if you find yours from there, click on the This is my account button next to it.
- If you provided a phone number or email address, you’ll see the recovery page directly.
- Then click on Send code via SMS / Send code via email.
Enter the verification code in your mobile number or SMS in the Facebook security code box and press Continue.
Then enter the new password for your Facebook account and press Continue
If you follow the above procedure properly, the password of your Facebook account will be reset.
Ways to view your Facebook password
Finding a way to view your Facebook password can be frustrating. Because, there is no option or feature to view your Facebook password. However, if your Facebook login details are saved in Google Account or Chrome browser, then you can see your Facebook password by going to the Passwords section from the Settings of Chrome app. Other browsers have similar options.
Ways to view saved Facebook passwords
If you have already saved your Facebook password in Google Account, Chrome browser or Opera Mini browser, then you can easily see the forgotten Facebook password. Let’s find out about 3 ways to view saved Facebook passwords.
How to view Facebook password saved from Google account:
- First, log in to https://myaccount.google.com from the browser.
- If you do not have a Gmail account, login with your email and password.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Scroll down a bit to see the Password Manager, where you will see all your saved passwords.
How to view saved Facebook password from Google Chrome:
- Log in to Chrome browser,
- Enter Settings from the three-dot menu,
- Then go to the Passwords section and you will see all the saved passwords.
How to view saved Facebook password from Opera Mini:
Enter the Opera Mini browser app
Then enter the settings from the menu
Click on Advanced
You will see the saved password under the Autofill section.
Ways to ensure the security of the Facebook account
Facebook authorities advise all users to take some steps to ensure the security of your Facebook account. You can take the following steps to ensure the security of your Facebook account:
- Use strong passwords on your Facebook account.
- Use two-factor authentication.
- Please verify when accepting a friend request from a stranger.
- Refrain from using suspicious links or software.
- Set trusted contact.